Wednesday, November 2, 2011

We're Off.


To see the Wizard, that is.

I decided to be themey for Halloween this year.  I'm not usually one to dress up, but when I was able to borrow an entire Dorothy costume just my size, I couldn't resist talking Maddi into being Glinda.
I had her at pink and poofy.  
(The wand and crown sealed the deal.)

Micah, being the supportive husband that he is, let me stuff him with straw and paint his face for our church Trunk or Treat activity the weekend before Halloween (but sadly- we didn't get any pictures that night).

Graysen wasn't quite as cooperative.  He didn't love his lion hat so much.  He'd scream and shake his head back and forth until the hat slipped down over his eyes, and then scream louder.  No pictures there, either. 

Oh well, even minus the Scarecrow and Lion, Madison and I sure had fun getting all dolled up and trick-or-treating.  

Maddi was such a sweetheart. At every house, she'd run to the door, say "trick-or-treat," then look up right into the face of whoever gave her candy and say "thank you!" in a tiny little voice.  I kind of can't wait until we can do this again next year!

10 comments:

Heather said...

OKAY. You guys get the BEST costume awards! Seriously, what ADORABLE pictures and costumes!!! I MISS YOU GUYS! I love this post! xoxo

Anonymous said...

So sweet! You two look adorable dressed up. It's wonderful to have made such a great memory that you can't wait to do it again.

Lisa said...

You did such an awesome job on Maddi's costume. You two are so cute!

Sarah said...

So cute! perfect.

Laura said...

You and Maddi are so darling!

Brianna said...

so adorable!!! You both look amazing!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Seriously the cutest EVER. I miss you guys. :(

Meg said...

So perfect! I love it. You both look beautiful!

Megan Barrick said...

So Darling!

Maggie said...

You guys. Are. Magic.