Madison's First Haircut:
Maddi had been modeling this lovely mullet look for a little too long, so I decided it was time to do something about it. She sat perfectly still (thank you, Toy Story) and the process was quick and painless for her. I, on the other hand, just about cried seeing all those little blond curls on the kitchen floor.But really, sometimes you just have to let go of things. And mullets are one of those things.
Thanksgiving:
We were able to fly to Salt Lake to spend Thanksgiving with my family. I've never lived more than an hour away from them, so to put it mildly, I've missed them. It was a wonderful week. It went MUCH too quickly. I even loved that it was cold (12 degrees the night we arrived, to be exact). It was too snowy to go much of anywhere- we tried one day and ended up turning around- but we loved just relaxing, napping (hooray for free babysitting at Grandma's house!), eating good food, playing games, and watching movies all night. In fact, we were too busy vacationing that I forgot to take pictures of anything. Except this:
We don't get a whole lot of that in Texas.
While we were there, we spilled our exciting news, even though it was still very early (thanks Mom and Dad, for keeping our secret!). Luckily, the effects of first trimester didn't really hit me until the plane ride home. Literally. I mean, never thought I'd actually have to use one of those doggy bags...
And then Maddi got the flu. And then I got the flu. And then we got colds, and some nasty allergies. And the next several weeks are kind of fuzzy. (Thank goodness for a comfy couch, Disney movies, and a wonderful husband who can cook.)
And now all my friends know why we suddenly became very anti-social. Sorry friends! I'm pretty sure we're through the worst of it now and are ready to resume life as normal!
2 comments:
I'm in LOVE with her haircut!! Well done :) Sometimes I'm ready to trim Luke's a little bit.. just so it looks a little more put together. Oh, and PS I don't know HOW I missed your news!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So exciting. I'm glad you're through the worst of it!
I would just like to day that I feel validated that you waited until Maddi was almost 2 (or is she 2?) to get rid of her mullet. Maya has one too and my sister always is telling me to cut her hair...but I just can't. Not yet. So knowing that you waited makes me feel better. Thanks!
Post a Comment