At 8:10, he walked back through the front door, set down his bag, and said:
"Um... I just got hit by a car."
I processed for a second, then freaked out a bit. It took a little convincing on his part for me to believe he was really okay, but I still insisted he see a doctor. Nothing is cracked or broken (except for the mangled bike and the car's side-view mirror he tore off on impact); he'll just be extremely sore for a few days. No kidding.
We spent most of the day on the phone with doctors and insurance companies, and the rest of it I spent thinking about how much I love and treasure my husband. How I can't fathom life without him. How things could have turned out much much worse, and how I would have felt had that been the last time I'd hugged and kissed him and, if when I said, "love you, have a good day," he knew how much I meant it. How grateful I am to a loving, watchful God who obviously protected him today.
So next time you are tempted to run a stop sign, don't.
Think about that guy on the bike.
Think about the family he may have at home.
Because it could very well have been an EMT or Police Officer at my door this morning. My husband came home to me today. My little girl still has her daddy. But some people don't walk away from accidents like this.
So please, let's all be a little more careful.
And let's never ever take for granted the ones we love. Because it's days like this that remind us how very blessed we are to have them.
10 comments:
oh my gosh... Katy. I am SO thankful Micah is okay! I am SO mad at whoever hit him! I hope they got a fat ticket. Poor Micah. Please let us know if you guys need anything. I know with out a doubt angels were protecting Micah when that happened. I'm so glad he's okay... and you're right.... we should NEVER take time we have with our loved ones for granted.
Wow, what a scary story. I am so glad he is ok. Thanks for the reminder. We can never take anything for granted. Your cute little family definitely has angels watching over them!
I'm glad he's not too hurt!! Reading this made me realize that some days I don't even kiss and hug Rock goodbye :( ... It's easy to forget that anything can happen to anyone at anytime! Good thing the car wasn't going any faster!
Glad he is okay! Are you guys going to file a claim with the other person's insurance in case he has to go to the chiropractor or anything?
Wow that certainly is scary. I am glad he is ok. Life can be lost so quickly, and I agree with everything you have said. What makes me upset, more then anything are the people who speed, and cut people off on the roads, and don't look where they are going. It's all rediculous and some days I would much rather just stay curled up in my house then try to play that stupid game of who can get where they are going first.
Stay safe!
*hugs* for all of you :)
So glad he's okay!
Did we ever tell you how that happened to Adam, too? He got hit on his bike and never told me until the end of that day! He insisted he was okay - just hurt his thumb.
The Lord was certainly watching over him and I am so glad. Even though it was a frightening experience for you, thanks for sharing it with us. It made me think about how I kiss Ben goodbye in the morning but he's usually still asleep, so who knows if he remembers it. It's a nice reminder that our Father in Heaven loves us very much and is protecting us.
Seriously, people run stop signs ALL the time. I've almost been hit on more than one occasion, and once was by a police officer. Micah and I should start a club. I'me glad he's ok.
woah Kate. Glad things are alright. Hits home with Darin riding his bike EVERYWHERE EVERY DAY! It's scary. I hope Micah was wearing a helmet. If not, you better make sure to enforce that. =) Brain injury is no joke, trust me.
Sincerest prayers of thanks that your family was protected. I know it is the constant prayer of my heart that my family makes it home safe every day.
As J.R.R Tolkien put it: "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."
May all of our families always return home safe!
Post a Comment